We’ve had a busy summer so far here at J.S. Bailey and the rest of July and August is set to be even busier! In June we visited the two day Royal Cheshire County Show in Knutsford, a fantastic event that we attend year after year. We will also be attending the Nantwich show and International Cheese awards in July, in which our very own Shaun Johnson will be judging.
The Nantwich Show is the biggest one day agricultural event in the UK; it is being held in Nantwich, the historic market down, on Wednesday 26th July 2017. The day promises to be a wonderful day out for the entire family with attractions including:
- Live cooking demonstrations by celebrity chefs, James Martin, Will Holland and Sean Wilson
- Displays of horses, cattle, sheep, poultry, pigeons and dogs
- Catering, bars and children’s entertainment
- Displays of vintage cars, tractors, commercial vehicles and machinery
- And our favourite attraction…the largest cheese show in the world
During this time the International Cheese Awards will also be held, with the judging and trade only day being held on Tuesday 25th July and the show day (open to the public) on Wednesday 26th July. Last year’s awards were a fantastic event to attend, with a new world record set, as the awards received astounding 5,000 entries from 31 different countries.
Last year saw Netherlands based company, EM Treur crowned Supreme Champion; we are very excited to both see and taste the wonderful range of cheeses at this year’s awards and help to crown 2017’s winner.