Cheese of all varieties is enjoyed all year round, however, never more so than around the Christmas period in which cheese becomes a staple of the Christmas table. In fact, the love of cheese at Christmas has inspired some unusual traditions around the world, here are just a few of these:
- It is a tradition in Yorkshire to serve Christmas cake with cheese
- A town in Wisconsin celebrates New Year’s Eve with ‘the big cheese drop’, in which a 90lb replica cheese wedge is dropped in celebration of the town’s cheese industry.
- The team at JS Bailey forgo the traditional brandy and mince pie for Father Christmas, instead leaving delicious cheddar cheese and a glass of wine.
Why not make your Christmas cheese feast that much more delicious with one of JS Bailey’s cheese wheels?
What is a cheese wheel?
Our cheese wheels combine a number of cheese favourites into one large wheel. The wheel itself will make a fantastic centrepiece for any feast over the Christmas period, and moreover, it consists of some of our most popular cheeses, carefully selected to ensure the flavour combinations are perfect for every occasion.
Whether you are a fan of traditional Christmas favourites such as cheddar or you want the more adventurous flavours such as our spicy burner, there is something to suit every palette.
Our cheese wheels contain:
- Double Gloucester Chives & Onion
- Sage Derby
- Mature Cheddar and Spring Onion
- Cheddar Sage & Onion
- Smoked Cheddar
- Royal Red
- Cheddar Herbs & Garlic
Our cheese wheels are our most popular product over the festive period, so what are you waiting for? Stock up on JS Bailey’s cheese wheels today so that you are fully prepared for the Christmas celebrations.